That’s right, nerds. The teaser trailer for the second installment of The Hobbit has arrived. Here are some things we learned:
- Legolas still doesn’t like dwarfs.
- Bears, spiders, and dragons. Oh, my!
- Evangeline Lilly seems to have all the attributes of a pretty exemplary elf. The verdict still is out on Lee Pace.
- Whoever said there was too much Martin Freeman and Gandalf in this trailer lied.
- Legolas is the only guy who can carry a bow and arrow, have a long golden mane, and still look cool.
- Bilbo and his friends won’t be walking through fields of alfalfa, prancing about with unicorns, or safely reaching their final destination any time soon. There’s danger ahead and lot’s of heart stopping action. Also, water rides.
- Never mess with a dragon. Seriously. Don’t do it.
- It’s always a trap.
- Benedict Cumberbatch is immensely brilliant, even when we can’t see him, or hear him. He’s just that good.
- Unfortunately, December 13th can’t come soon enough.
What did you think of the trailer? Will you see the movie? Have you read the book? Which film in the Lord of the Rings series is your favorite? Are you excited you see Orlando Bloom return as Legolas? Tell me in the comments!