Holy super late review/recap, Batman! Arg! I feel terrible about posting this so late. Please forgive me. It’s been a crazy week. You will never believe what happened. It all started when Balthazar appeared out of nowhere and started looking for ingredients for a spell (I know! This was just the beginning). Then, he told me that one of Raphael’s lackeys (Virgil) was here to do some “house cleaning” and steal back a key Balthazar had taken (Later, I learned that the “fake” key opened the magical locker full of Heaven’s weapons). Now I’m freaking out, wondering what the heck is going on, then Virgil shows up, Balthazar hands me the key, pushes me out the window, where I was immediately transported to an alternate universe where everyone thought Sam and Dean Winchester were these hot actors named Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles, who starred on this show called Supernatural. And I’m still freaking out trying to find a way home, when I see Castiel. But he’s not Castiel, he’s this tweet-aholic sweater lovin’ dude named Misha Collins and . . . Wait. What did you just say? This didn’t happen to me, it actually happened to Sam and Dean? And this awesome and super funny episode was one of the best ever? Oh, that’s right. You know what? I think we need to recap this episode the right way. Only, this could get confusing. Wouldn’t it be great and a whole lot easier to understand if it was made into a song? Yes. It would. Let’s do that! While you catch up with what went down in “The French Mistake” with this lovely video by Ash (and song by Stopitsgingertime), I’ll be waiting for you after the cut with a super-sized edition of the episodes best lines. Enjoy!
Best Lines of the Night
1. Sam: “Shouldn’t we be killing anybody?”
Dean: “I don’t think so.”
The hunter’s dilemma.
2. Guy: “We’d have to blow off the scene where they sit on the Impala and talk about their feelings.”
“Robert Singer:” “Ha! Right. You answer the hate mail.”
They know us so well, don’t they?
3. Dean: “Oh, crap. I’m a painted whore.”
One word: Brilliant!
4. Dean: “Why would anybody want to watch our lives?”
Sam: “Well, according to the interviewer, not many people do.”
Yeah, only the awesome ones.
5. Sam: “I’m just sayin’ we landed in some dimension where you’re Jensen Ackles, and I’m something called a Jared Padalecki.”
Dean: “So, what? Now you’re polish?”
What is a Jared Padalecki? And where can I find one?
6. Dean: [See’s Impala] “At least my baby made it! [Looks around and see’s several duplicates] I feel sick. I’m gonna be sick.”
I was waiting for Dean to fall to his knees and shout “Whyyyyy?” Nobody touches his lady.
7. Dean: “I feel like this whole place is bad-touching me.”
I really want to say something funny here, but I know I can’t top this line.
8. Dean: “Misha? Jensen? What’s with the names around here?”
I can’t tell you . . . my sides hurt from laughing.
9. Misha: [Tweeting] “Hola, Mishamigos. J2 got me good. Really starting to feel like one of the guys.”
What happened to Minions?
10. Dean: [See’s trailer] “That’s fake me. This must be fake mine.”
11. Dean: “Dude, we’re not even in America.”
Welcome to The Couve.
12. Sam: “Wow. I must be the star of this thing.”
Dean: “Yeah, right.”
13. Genevieve: “It’s an alpaca, dumbass.”
“You married fake Ruby?”
14. Entire Acting Scene
. . . !
15. Witness: “The scary man killed the attractive crying man.”
16. “Eric Kripke”: “It’s totally, totally awful, yeah . . . Got us the front page of Variety, though. Did you see that?”
What did you think of The French Mistake? Was it your favorite episode of the season? What was your favorite line of the night? Your favorite scene? What did you think of fake Misha? Where was fake Jim Beaver? Do you love the writers? Tell me in the comments!
For more Kim the FanGirl follow the blog on Twitter @kimthefangirl and on Facebook