Recently, I’ve noticed an abundance of fresh faces roaming around. With the blog’s anniversary right around the corner, I thought it might be nice to welcome my new followers with a quick recap of the past ten years. After all, they’ve missed quite a lot. 😀
1. I’ve challenged myself to write a post every day for a year. It’s only April, but so far, so good.
3. For example, here are 10 Reasons Why You Should Be Reading ‘Outlander’.
4. Once upon a time, I would recap episodes of The Vampire Diaries. These long-form posts were incredibly fun to write and they almost instantly gained a small following. The camaraderie among these TVD fans was utterly inspiring and their devotion was endless.
5. I guess vampires are a running theme with me. Twilight continues to be a topic I think about daily. Our love is forever, it will never die.
7. The Writer’s Room is where I post short stories, poetry, etc. Go on, read a story or two.
8. Music affects my soul like nothing else.
9. Even if you’ve only been around for a short period of time, you already know my admiration for Florence + The Machine is infinite. I don’t think I’ll ever run out of ways to write about her music or her influence. From Dancing With Delilah to Artist of the Month, Florence has been my perennial muse since the beginning of this endeavor. She’s been instrumental in my success.
10. Before Discover, there was Freshly Pressed: a daily roundup of the best articles on WordPress. In 2011, I was lucky enough to be chosen for this semi-prestigious prize for my analysis of Florence + The Machine’s sophomore album, Ceremonials. I am so thankful for the opportunity, it continues to be one of my greatest blogging achievements.